Thursday, July 25, 2013

day 65 : run a 5k that benefits charity

happy thursday!
todays good deed is to run for charity! 
if you have been following my other blog, you know i am training for my first duathlon [3.5 mile run + 26 mile bike + 3.5 mile run]. 

tonight, there is a 5k run happening a few blocks from our place & a portion of the proceeds go towards Girls on the Run. GOTR is a national organization that works with young girls to build up body confidence, talk about real issues & to get active [they run a 5k at the end of their session!].

this morning, blake & i biked 50 minutes as a part of the duathlon training & i will be running tonight.
[if we are being totally honest, my legs are f e e l i n g  it!!]

wish me luck! 



1 comment:

  1. Love love that you were part of something that benefits Girls on the Run!! I am starting my 5th season coaching here in Wisconsin and it has been an amazing organization to be part of! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete